Список форумов Roses Roses
Форум сообщества Roses

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 

Please Help Identify Strange Parasite

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Roses -> Общий раздел -> Юмор и Оффтопик
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
Williamhawk

СообщениеДобавлено: 13 Октябрь, 2017 16:42    Заголовок сообщения: Please Help Identify Strange Parasite Ответить с цитатой

Hello! I'm somewhat of a novice at rose gardening, so this may be a very common pest and I'm just ignorant. LOL. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you!

I was out looking at one of my David Austin roses this morning, and noticed one of the stems was dried and wilted. Upon closer examination, there were periodic damage spots along the stem, very evenly spaced. About every half inch. The stems weren't girdled, as the damage was just on one side of the stem. It looked like something had gnawed on it in those spots, or as though it had frayed by rubbing against a stone or something. I broke open the branch at one of the spots, and there were these tiny white/pink elliptical things. Almost pearlescent. I don't know whether to call them worms or not, because they appeared to have no head, eyes, mouth, or appendages. I suppose they may have been eggs? There was at least one at each damage point. If I squeezed the things, orange liquid oozed out.

I pruned the stem back several inches below the damage points, and I can only hope that will take care of it? Have any of you dealt with something similar, and are there for other measures I should take?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/discussions/4874596/please-help-identify-strange-parasite

website builder software
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Roses -> Общий раздел -> Юмор и Оффтопик Часовой пояс: GMT + 4
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: